today we are happy to announce the release of OpenIV 4.0.1, the minor release with a focus on better games support and stability.
Since this is a minor release without new features, we do not have a new video for you today.
Installation and updates improvements
With this release, we are starting to roll out our new install and update system. Here are the improvements from this first step:
- The setup package is now smaller.
- Download speed for updates from this version to the future version should be faster than previous.
- Our future improvements for install and update system includes:
- Small partial patches support. This will allows us to update some files of OpenIV (like RDR 2 filenames databases or localization packs) without updating the whole application.
- Different update channels support. This will allows us to provide BETA versions before general release.
Those improvements are planned to arrive later this year.
In OpenIV 4.0.1, we added many names for files, audio tracks, and some text keys. The modding community found and provided many of those names and strings. To keep track of all the names and other strings we created a new GitHub repository that everyone can use and contribute. You can find it here, in this repository you can see all the names and strings that are currently known by OpenIV, they are divided into text databases. Besides strings, it also contains a set of small tools that allow you to work with those databases and make it easier to add new strings yourself. Work is still in progress, currently, there is not much documentation.
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition support
Recently Rockstar Games updated GTA IV to Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition and now we provide better support for this version:
- We added the ability to view Episodes (The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony) animations and cut scenes when OpenIV works with GTA IV: Complete Edition.
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to run GTA IV: Complete Edition from OpenIV.
- We added more key names for GXT entries.
General changes, improvements, and fixes in OpenIV 4.0.1
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to run Grand Theft Auto V (Epic Games Store Version) from OpenIV.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an OpenIV crash while opening some modes and textures in GTA V.
- We fixed an issue where OpenIV did not update the size of the embedded archive when all files were removed from it.
- You can add more names and strings into OpenIV databases by editing files in your documents folder here: Documents\OpenIV\[Game Name]\Strings\ Starting with this update OpenIV will automatically reload the content of those files without restart.
👉 Download 100%
We have an instruction how to translate OpenIV into your own language and we are calling for you to do so. You can find the localization guide There are no differences between 4.0 and 4.0.1.
Thanks For visiting